Home sweet home, they say. How does it sound to make that dwelling space, just a bit more sweeter by sprucing things up a bit? I’m guessing pretty good, right?
Thank you, Uncle Sam.
While most of us won’t receive a hefty enough refund check to do any major kitchen updates we can however, with some planning and simple strategy, make those dollars stretch just a bit farther than planned.
Here are a few ideas that can help make your space feel as you’ve invested some money and/or sweat equity for a peace-of-mind payoff.
- Hire an organizing pro to help you Spring clean. You’ll knock-off two birds with one stone here.
- Buy a new rug or accent décor and add that pop of color you’ve been looking for.
- Popcorn-away those ceilings and instantly update your space.
- Update your lighting and/or ceiling fans.
- Buy some new decor for your entry way.
With the warmer temperatures, comes the flowers and the need to get outside more and enjoy the outdoors – even if that outdoor space is your patio.
- Plant some flowers and greenery around your front door and walkway to add some simple curb appeal and enjoy that outdoor space a bit more.
- Create a sitting-spot with a fire pit to enjoy those soon-to-come warmer nights.
- Buy some new patio furniture and cushions – the set that you may have had your eye on for a few seasons.
- Buy the kids a new swing set to play on – entertaining for both the kiddos and the adults.
So there you have it, a few creative and inexpensive ways to spend your tax refund on. How will you spend yours, I’d love to know!